The spoiled foods are responsible for diarrheal diseases. To prevent food poisoning should take into account that the foods we consume have specific conditions of handling and storage. Such patterns are directly related to hygiene, temperature and prudence.
To make sure we eat foods in the right conditions should focus on the following aspects:
- Pay attention to the expiration date of the product when we buy it. Moreover, at the time of purchase, must be left to the end of refrigerated, frozen and perishable. This is recommended because the time from which to buy is stored must be as short as possible.
- The importance of washing certain foods like fruits and vegetables should always be washed, even if they are to peel. It is recommended that the same process to consume packaged salads, since subsequent handling can have new pollutants. Utensils and also should wash hands fairly frequently, especially before preparing food.
- Make a separation of raw foods and cooked to prevent the spread of bacteria among them. You should also use a few specific tools for each and not to mix them. Moreover, one should not thaw food at room temperature, but in the refrigerator.
- You have to avoid eating raw eggs to be free from Salmonella.
- Having control over the temperature of food. Chicken breasts, steaks or burgers should be cooked well and are the shortest possible time at a temperature of between 4 ° C and 140 ° C because that’s when the bacteria multiply more quickly.
- Food leftovers should not be left at room temperature for more than two hours and you have to freeze before four days. Anyway, it is better to dispose of food waste.
- You have to protect food in closed containers.