One of the main enemies of nails neat and healthy is a bad habit of nail biting. It is not only an aesthetic problem, but often people who bite their nails end up hurting your fingers and cuticles because of this bad habit. Is there a solution? Sure, we share with you some homemade tricks to avoid nail biting.
Causes and consequences of nail biting:
The habit of nail biting usually responds to emotional reasons. Many people bite their nails almost inadvertently under stress, tension and anxiety. Some scientific studies also relate this type of compulsive behavior with a vitamin deficiency.
When we bite our nails, the consequences are not only aesthetic but also can cause problems at cuticles injured, causing pain and injury. Furthermore, these wounds can stay microbes and bacteria that commonly cause infections and inflammations.
Another negative consequence of the habit of nail biting is suffering intestinal parasites by ingesting microbes housed under the surface of the nails.
Home remedies and tricks to avoid nail biting:
The focus of the home remedies to prevent nail biting need to aim to cut compulsive cycle, and for that the goal is to make the nail biting not appeal. Try these homemade tricks for this:
- Tabasco sauce: moisturizes your nails in hot sauce, then clean them and dry them. The strong flavor anyway remains awhile in the nails.
- Hand cream: choose a hand cream that does not have berry aroma, but an intense aroma perfumed with another but do not be tempting. Apply it followed. In this way, you also smooth out your injured cuticles.
- Extract vanilla: using the same method, moisturizes your nails in vanilla extract. Even wiping the taste of alcohol will remain on your fingers and prevent biting your nails.
- Castor oil: the same method moistens your fingers twice a day for 20 minutes in castor oil.
Other methods that help control the compulsion:
- Chewing gum or eating mints: This method is used to keep your mouth busy and go eliminating nail biting compulsion.
- Keep your hands busy; try to do activities that will occupy the hands, especially in moments of rest and waiting a turn doctor or watching television. Draw or knitting is good choices.
- Eat crunchy foods: eating sticks carrot or celery sticks, ice chewing or eating crunchy cereal helps many people avoid nail biting.
Try these home remedies and tricks to avoid biting your nails and get rid of this habit to have healthy and beautiful nails.