Many mothers wonder with concern how to achieve healthy eating in children. Naturally, we all want our children to grow up healthy and strong and it is therefore essential that the household weekly diet is adequate enough, so that the body gets small permanent withstand the challenges of their environment and the climate.
The important thing is to ensure there is a balance of nutrients in the menu and the food source plant prevail over others.
Healthy eating in children:
Whenever we talk about healthy food in the infant we are referring to the weekly menu includes a variety of foods from all food groups, ensuring that enter the body vitamins, minerals, protein and fiber. Those products that contain too much sugar and fat are not healthy and should be reduced to a minimum consumption.
To better understand the nutritional experts universe divided into categories, which in turn form a pyramid. Let’s see what it is and what foods that comprises:
- Base: Food that we feed children with high frequency and high volume. They contain large amounts of vitamins, minerals and fiber consumption prevents countless diseases. It is important to remember to eat a wide variety of them, not just one type. The first group includes products such as fruits and vegetables, bread, rice, pasta, cereals, beans, lentils, among others.
- Medium: Food is important to children’s health but should be eaten in moderation. They contain proteins, which are important for muscle strengthening and body repairs (especially children, who are growing) and calcium and other minerals. In this second group have dairy products (milk, yogurt, cheese, etc…), Lean meats, poultry (without skin), fish, and nuts, among others.
- Top: At the top of the pyramid food group that should be eaten occasionally and provide almost no nutrients and instead we gorge on fat and sugar. It can be used at parties, some special snack, etc., but not systematically. This third group includes ice cream, muffins, cakes, chips, cookies, chocolates, etc.
Tips for a healthy infant:
- Put to the table a variety of healthy foods, so that children can choose. Thus learn to make healthy choices from small.
- Avoid products of the third group and their presence reduces very occasional events.
- Teach your children to eat slowly and leisurely. Thus, the brain learns to recognize feelings of hunger and fullness.
- Share with your children the process of buying and preparing food, as far as his age permitted, of course, while you can explain the nutritional value of each food.
- Prevents children eat in front of the TV. It is better to eat in the dining room or kitchen. The entertainment parallel affects the small pay attention to food processing.
- Try to serve appropriate portions, without exaggerating in any way.
Eating is one of the most important functions of the life cycle. The children especially need to enter large amounts of nutrients for your body to develop properly and prevent disease. Closely follows our tips to achieve healthy eating in your children and remember that a good parallel to product selection should encourage awareness of small on a matter of such importance.